Friday 1 March 2013

Spring sorting!

Well at last the weather is not quite so cold and miserable..the birds are singing and every now and then we see a ray of sunshine!!! So much activity is going on at HQ! We are sorting canvases (piles and piles of them..very exhausting work!) and I am shifting stock. 
I realised the desperate need for a 30' x 50' marquee (the optimum size I think as many weddings and parties are for 100+) I keep saying I will buy no more marquees, but this is it!! So I have taken the plunge and am having a beautiful new marquee made to my specifications. 'Paris' will be ready for action by the end of May.
I will also be able to offer an alternative 30' x 50' marquee as I am 'creating' a vintage one!! I have the canvas and side poles, now just need king poles, dollies and ropes and we will be ready to roll!
My stock rooms are now bursting so I am selling some of the smaller tents..it is great to be getting organised for the season, and after five years I feel I am well on my way to having exactly the right variety and number of marquees to offer. I do not want to compete with the 'big boys' but want to provide a great service for my 'vintage' niche market!...roll on long hot summer days!!!???

No comments:

Post a Comment